What Lookback needs
Hi 👋🏻👋🏼👋🏽👋🏾👋🏿 We’re looking for a UI Designer with Junior to Mid-level (1-4 years) experience to join the team. Our team of engineers, designers and researchers all work closely to evolve our marketing website, product dashboard and native apps. Your role is to collaborate with the team and assist in the execution of ongoing initiatives. You’ll do this by collaborating on flows and evolving them into high quality visual design that utilizes existing design patterns and adheres to accessibility standards.
What you'll find yourself doing
- ⭐️ Design flows, prototypes, sketches, and high-fidelity visuals for your features.
- 🧠 Working with the team to brainstorm, implement, and iterate ongoing work.
- 💬 Participate in design reviews to give and receive feedback on current work and explorations.
- 🛠 Utilize existing product design patterns to keep a clean and efficient house.
- 📐 Assist your engineering and user research teammates to execute interface needs.
- 🔍 Utilize learnings from user research and testing to better understand our customers.
Our team shares ownership of our UX. So this is a great environment to learn and collaborate in!
So this is always hard to talk about. We really don't see people as a list of qualifications — everyone is different. However, it can still be useful to the candidate to understand what we think we are looking for, so we are listing some things here. If you don’t think you meet all the qualification listed here, but you think you’d be a great candidate anyway — no worries. Please reach out and tell us about yourself and why you'd be a good fit for the job!
Your technical skills
- 1-4 years as a product designer producing visually tasteful and simple interfaces.
- A portfolio showcasing strong foundations in typography & visual interface design.
- Strong interest in common UI best practices.
- You’ve have some experience or interest in working in an iterative environment.
- Interest in identifying and creating systems and patterns.
- Interest in learning the array of technical constraints, user goals, and business requirements that shape a product.
- Interest in collaborating with individuals across disciplines.
- Junior to Mid-level experience with tools like Sketch / Figma.
- Bonus: Familiar with asynchronous collaboration tools like Slack, Trello, Notion.
- Bonus: Being nearer to CET timezone (many of the teammates you would work with are scattered around eastern hemisphere)
Your core skills
- Excellent ability to communicate clearly and collaboratively.
- Foundational interest in problem-solving.
- An active learner's mentality that is comfortable asking for help.
- Ability to self-manage when it comes to time, organization, and responsibilities.
- Eager to grow and expand your skills and learn from others.
How to Apply
Does this sound like a good fit? We’d love to hear from you. To apply, shoot an email to email@example.com.